Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Reorging the Breakfast Room For a No Cost Redesign!




As I look out the window of the breakfast room, I can see the purple petunias, hyacinth bean vine, and sweet potato vines intertwining all over the bike in the flower garden. That flower bed has given me such pleasure this spring. I saw something similar in Hendersonville, NC at the Honeysuckle Hollow shop. My sister and mother and I enjoy shopping there when we visit the mountains. They have some unique items. The little creamer with the green edge sitting on top of the china cabinet came from there several years ago.

I have so enjoyed the cloche I bought in Intercourse, PA last year. It currently is home to a gold finch sitting atop a nest of Spanish moss and fake moss covered rocks. Today I found a small cloche while shopping with my sister in Smithfield, NC.
As I walked through our breakfast room a few nights ago, I realized I needed to remove the Memorial Day "red, white, and blue" and adjust the furnishings to a softer, summer palette.

I brought a lamp from my bedroom and placed it on the china cabinet. The lamp has a lovely green base which blends well with the painting I purchased a year ago while in Washington, NC with our younger daughter. The sugar bowl, creamer, and lamp were purchased while my sister and I were visiting in Frederick, MD this spring.


Just now, my petunias in the bike basket are suffering from the heat. I've tried to nurture them, but they are looking dry and spindly, but the sweet potato vine is thriving. We've had exceptionally hot weather for June.

I need to go now as we'll be leaving for a visit with our Amish and Mennonite friends in a few days. We look forward to a relaxing visit with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment