Friday, April 2, 2010

He is Risen Indeed!

Do we ever stop and think of the wonderfulness of Easter? All week, I've been somewhat tearful as I've thought of the way the world treated Christ during His ministry and the way the world treats Him even today. It is a humbling experience to get in touch with how you really feel about Christ and His sacrifice.

Easter is not about spring or bunnies, but about a man that sacrificed all so that I, a sinner, could have eternal life at no cost to me. Sometimes it's so overwhelming, I can't get my mind around it. The very idea that I serve a Savior that is so big, so magnificent, so self-denying that he died for me that I might have all that God offers for ever.

Praise God that He didn't wait for man to figure out our plan of salvation, but instead He already had a plan to save me if I'd only acknowledge Christ and accept Him as my Lord and Savior. Why do we as humanity try to make this so difficult when it's a very simple plan? I don't know about you, but I appreciate the love the Father has for each of His children. He loves us unconditionally and is waiting for us to accept Him and the love He has for us. He wants only the best for each of us.

Each household in our family will be going to their individual churches because we live in different towns, but we'll meet in the afternoon at my sister's to celebrate the meaning of Easter as a family. I look forward to family gatherings because that's another place where God set the example to love without boundaries and doubts.

We'll have a traditional Southern meal of chicken, green beans, corn, layered salad, rolls, dessert and of course ice tea. But before we take part in this meal, we'll practice another family tradition of taking each others hands and one of the men will ask God's blessing upon our meal, our time together, and our lives individually with the confidence that God is in the center of our gathering. We know all has come from God and we're thankful for His saving grace as well as His love and attention to each detail of our days.

Our country is going through rocky times today, but as Christians we know God is in control. He knew this day would come. We think we need Him more than ever, but in truth we've needed Him since our first breath and we'll need Him until our last.

Things seem just a little more uncertain to us now with what's going on with the government, politics, and the economy. The one, true God has broad shoulders and He will be standing in the gap for each of us until He calls us to our reward with Him in Eternity. My job is to be faithful to Him--He will remain faithful to His followers no matter what.

God bless each one who reads this and if you don't know your Creator start with Romans 10:9 and seek the simple path of salvation--it's free, and there's not much that is worth having these days without a high price on it, but it will always be free if we just accept Him.

"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
(Romans 10:9)


Happy Easter everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment