Thursday, March 25, 2010

Key Lime Cake Recipe--Delish!

This is the recipe for the cake I baked yesterday for my husband's birthday. We're off to see the grandchildren this evening for an overnight. I hope they like the cake.

Cake Ingredients:

1 Box Lemon Cake Mix

4 Eggs
1 1/3 Cups of oil (I used canola)
3/4 Cup Orange Juice
1-- 3 oz. Box of Lime Jello

Mix and pour into 3 9-inch pans. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely.

Meanwhile:

Mix thoroughly juice of 3 Limes (I used fresh and it was great) and 6 Tablespoons of Confectioner's Sugar until sugar is well dissolved. Set aside. After layers cool, punch holes in layers and spoon on lime juice mixture.

Icing: We like the canned icing so that's what I used.

1/2 C. Solid Vegetable Shortening 4 C. Sifted Confectioner's Sugar
1/2 C. Butter (softened, not melted) 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla
8 oz. Cream Cheese 1/2 C. Pecans

Using mixer, cream shortening, butter and vanilla together. Gradually add confectioner's sugar. Spread icing on layers and assemble cake.

I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we did!


1 comment:

  1. Your blog is beautiful and the verse in the header is one of my favorites! Thank you for your visit and I hope you'll come again. Happy Birthday to your dear husband. I love, love, love anything lemon and this cake sounds divine. I'm on a gluten free diet but can dream of eating a small piece, now can't I? ♥

    ReplyDelete